The purpose of the meeting will be to provide the participants with a clear overview of the current concepts and insights in the specialty of facial aesthetic surgery. Innovation and ideas on facial aesthetic surgery will be presented and discussed by the world’s key opinion leaders, a unique opportunity in Europe.
The highlights this year will be:
- Current Understanding of Facial Aesthetics
- Anti-aging Engineering
- New Trends in Facial Fat Grafting
- The Present and Future of Facial Rejuvenation
- Modern Open Rhinoplasty Concepts
- Stem Cells from Fat
The duration of this meeting will be 2,5 days with two days of lectures and half a day of live surgery broadcasted in 3D- High Definition.
Lively discussions and a lot of interaction with the attending faculty will be the main assets of this meeting.
Upon completion of this course, participants should:
- understand the most up to date science of stem cell biology and autologous fat grafting as its related to plastic surgery;
- understand the various techniques for harvesting, processing and injecting autologous fat;
- discuss and evaluate the benefits and complications of autologous fat injections to all areas of the face;
- understand the benefits and complications of the most often used facial fillers and neuromodulators;
- discuss and evaluate the advantages, disadvantages and complications of current techniques for non-invasive and minimally invasive techniques for total facial rejuvenation;
- discuss complications and patient safety as related to total facial rejuvenation.
The congress takes place in the 'Handelsbeurs', situated on a square in the center of Gent. The square reminds of the 19th century and so does the building of the 'Handelsbeurs'. It was build in 1738 in Rococo-style and has been restored different times but its architecture was maintained. In 2000 it was completely restored and converted into a high-tech concert hall. The 'Handelsbeurs' will be a beautiful frame for the interesting lectures.
Call for abstracts
Call for free papers session on "Facial Fat Grafting & Nanofat Grafting" (Clinical and research). The subscription fee will be waived for the accepted presentators.
Please send your abstract to email@example.com in the following format:
Introduction, Methods/technique, results/complications, conclusions.deadline is March 1st 2015.
Gent is full of nice restaurants, bars en night clubs. There is also plenty of acitivity by day or at night. For more information please contact the tourist office of Gent on +32 9 266 56 60 or visit their website: www.visitgent.be.
We also invite you to the welcome reception on Friday evening.
The congress dinner takes place on Saturday evening. Registration for the dinner is required and is not included in the price.
In the exhibitors' hall the newest advancements in products and services in aesthetic surgery will be available. All breakfasts and lunches will take place in the exhibitors' hall, so you will have plenty of time to explore all booths.
The official languages in Belgium are Dutch, French and German. The congress language will be English though.
100% of the subscription and social activities fee will be refunded in case of cancellation more than 6 months before the meeting. In cas of cancellation until 3 months before the meeting, 50% of the subscription fee will be refunded.
There will be no refund in case of cancellation less than 3 months before the meeting.
CATFAS 2015: Controversies, Art & Technology in Facial Aesthetic Surgery
Patrick Tonnard, Alexis Verpaele and Moustapha Hamdi: hosts and organizers CATFAS
Patrick Tonnard, Alexis Verpaele and Moustapha Hamdi: scientific board CATFAS
Impressions CATFAS IV